Only a third of the year has gone by and already I feel I have accomplished so much more than I'd hoped for. For lack of creativity, my new year's resolutions have always been to be a better person than I'd been the year before. It was never anything specific. Just general ideas like trying to be more patient and less angry at the world.
But this year I actually put my goals into words. I decided I wanted to achieve more at school and try and get an 80% overall average. I decided I wanted to start actively taking care of myself from the inside out. I actually learned to wash and style my own hair after years of leaving it in the hands of the saloon women ( I dare not call them hairstyling professionals because they're definitely not that) and I cut down my daily skin care routine to just 3 products! That might not seem significant to some of you but for someone as self conscious as me, that is a major feat.
Here's my list of accomplishments this year.
- Learned to let go sometimes and let things take their natural course.
- Learned to recognise when to say no to certain situations
- Learned to take care of my own hair
- In the process of learning to make good meals.
- Learned the value of simplicity and taking one's time
- Reduced the quantity of artificial products I use overall
Now that I have put it into words, it doesn't seem like a big deal, but I'm sure you can picture the proud smirk on my face anyway.
And you know that....The best is yet to come.